We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R6770 Sr Software Engineer 2 - Backend (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Sr Software Engineer 2 - Backend
Senior Software Engineer for SaaS Platforms on Linux (Podio)
Podio is a collaborative work platform that is already empowering hundreds of thousands of organizations to change the way they work. We believe that the power to control your own work tools should be given back to the people who are actually doing the job. Our vision is simple: Podio is the future of work.
Named a 'best place to work' by Glassdoor, PC Mag, and Triangle Business Journal, Citrix is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Citrix emphasizes innovation, creativity and passion, and that's reflected in the culture at Podio. We also offer great benefits, opportunities for growth, and a fun and collaborative work environment. We love working at Citrix, and we know you will, too!
This role is based at our award-winning campus in Raleigh, NC, and we offer relocation assistance.
We’re looking for an expert in back-end technologies — ranging from caches and databases to push, queues and search — who wants to put their skills to work building a world-class experience for a product you’ll get to deploy everyday. You’ll be joining a small team of engineers who are all highly skilled and great fun to work with.
Ideally, you’ll know more than us, and will help us move our stack forward. You will have to challenge existing thinking, bring on new technologies and solutions, and apply your experience to help us scale rapidly into 2016 and beyond.
Our ideal candidate...
- Wants this role to be a key turning point in their career. This is an opportunity to join a company and a product that is revolutionizing the future of work.
- Has at least 3-5+ years relevant industry experience. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Has expert understanding of SQL databases, schemas, indices, performance tuning, and debugging.
- Thrives on solving hard problems and making the complicated seem simple.
- Experience in building and scaling large systems with many hundreds of requests per second.
- Experience in doing test-based development with continuous integration.
- Has built APIs before, ideally platforms, used by a variety of clients with differing needs.
- Would only want to work in a lean, agile and fast moving environment.
- Is curious, always eager to learn, and open to new ideas as innovation is critical to our success.
- Is fun. We like to have a good time at Citrix, otherwise we wouldn’t come to work everyday!
- Loves and understands technology and keeps on top of trends.
- Is a team champion. You deflect praise to those involved and absorb criticism of the product.
Our back-end is centered around a platform API written in Python. The web front end, mobile apps, desktop apps, and third-party integrations all use this shared platform, which cleanly encapsulates our databases and other back-end services. We love open source, and our technology stack reflects that. We use MySQL as the main database, supported by Memcached and Redis clusters. Celery and RabbitMQ are used for background tasks and ElasticSearch powers our search cluster.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Back-end web application architecture including RESTful API construction, security, effective use of caching, SQL databases, NoSQL databases, and horizontally scalable deployments
- Experience with scaled-out production Linux application frameworks
- Modern continuous integration pipeline tools from DVCS to automated deployment
- Experience in cloud and data center environments
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Requisition Number: R6770