Citrix is closely following the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and all interviews globally are being held virtually to ensure the safety of our candidates and employees.
We want to do everything possible to make your virtual interview go smoothly. We understand that life isn't always perfect, and recognize that especially if you are interviewing from home, there may be some unavoidable distractions! However, if you prepare ahead of time, and follow the steps below, you should be set up for success and able to have a more relaxed remote interview.
Before the Interview
You will receive a meeting invitation to a virtual interview.
Set up the technology for teleconferencing
If your interview is confirmed to be on GoToMeeting:
- Check that your equipment, webcam, and audio are working prior to the interview.
- You can test your device here.
- We recommend that you download the GoToMeeting App to your device before the interview for best service.
If your interview is confirmed to be on HackerRank CodePair:
- There is a checklist to help you prepare for your interview.
Test your device's accessories
- If you'll be using earbuds or headphones for the interview, play a song prior to check if they are working.
Accommodations for teleconferencing technologies
- Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations to teleconferencing technologies are available on request for candidates taking part in virtual interviews. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at +1 (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
Choose your location wisely
We recommend selecting your interview location at least 1 day prior to the interview.
Test the Lighting
Turn on your webcam. Can you see your face? Or is the room too dark? Best practice is to sit facing a window or lamp with the light in front of your face, not behind. If you sit with your back facing a window, your body will appear dark in the camera.
Check your Background
Turn on your webcam. Do you have a distracting image behind you? Lean forward, back, right, and left. Is there anything appearing on camera that you would prefer not to show the interviewer?
Noise and Echoes
Are you hearing any background noise? It may be difficult for you and the interviewer to focus if you are in a loud space.
Get ready the night before
Nothing is more stressful than rushing to get ready 10 minutes before an interview.
What to Wear
At Citrix, our work attire varies greatly. Some Citrites wear business professional, while others wear jeans and T shirts! Use your best discretion for what to wear during the interview, and select whatever is most comfortable for you to showcase who you are and why you would like to work for Citrix.
Charge your device, and your phone!
In case of technical difficulties during the interview, we may call your phone number.
On Interview Day
At this point you are prepared for your interview and can make any necessary last minute changes.
- Retest your audio, webcam and lighting.
- Ensure that your device and phone are fully charged and/or have a charger nearby.
- Switch all devices you're not using to silent mode.
- BREATHE. We believe in you, and we are rooting for you to succeed, and hope that you can envision yourself at Citrix following the interview!